Install LXD on Ubuntu 20.04 LTS using apt

Originally published at: https://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/install-lxd-on-ubuntu-20-04-lts-using-apt/

How can I install LXD pure-container hypervisor on Ubuntu 20.04 LTS Linux to runs unmodified Debian/Ubuntu/CentOS/Fedora/Arch Linux operating systems at incredible speed? How do I set up and use LXD on the Ubuntu Linux server? How do I install LXD on Ubuntu cloud server?

May I make some positive, constructive criticism? This post is great! but only shows the NATed option, and for me (and I’d like to think for quite some other people) this is not the way we want to use it, it would be very nice to include the necessary steps to set it up in a way that our containers get an ip address from the existing DHCP in the lan (the equivalent to a bridge instead of a NAT in a VM).
If this information already exists somwhere else, I’d be eternally gratefull if you could point me to that place and delete this comment.
Thank you very much!

1 Like

@Sergio_L

would be very nice to include the necessary steps to set it up in a way that our containers get an ip address from the existing DHCP in the lan (the equivalent to a bridge instead of a NAT in a VM).

We will get it cover some time later about creating a bridge to connect to existing LAN instead of NAT set up. HTH.

Linux sysadmin blog - Linux/Unix Howtos and Tutorials - Linux bash shell scripting wiki